Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our wonderful visit to Omaka Marae

I liked touching the carvings and the tukutuku panels. Shannara

I liked touching the tukutuku because they all felt different. Emma
We had to take our shoes off just like at school. Fergus
The tukutuku were telling us stories. Micahla
I liked the waiata that we sang. Jone
I enjoyed duck, duck goose.We called it rakiraki, rakiraki, kuihi . Jessica
I thought it was very clever how the carvings were carved. Josh
I liked doing the poi when we did the helicopter. Blake
We sang our waiata really nicely. Michael
I liked sitting down in the Wharenui and hearing the stories. Aramac
I did a hongi with Kiley. Hadley
I liked sitting in the Marae and I listened to the stories. Lily
I liked hitting Jacks rakau. Daryan
I liked how the carvings were carved. Jack
I liked listening to the stories that were on the wall. Emily
I liked touching the statues. Ruby

No comments: